- Ignite imagination and stimulate thought with a key role on our Communication team.
- Management of the Museum’s social media and digital platforms, including content development and strategy, will engage and build audiences
- Your listings of exhibitions and events and preparation of press materials to local and national media will extend inspirational opportunities and culture into the art and education communities locally and abroad.
- The Social Media and PR Manager works aside the Director of Communication in developing marketing materials including membership communications, newsletters, social media initiatives, and essential support to our website content.
- SBMA is offering this full-time, non-exempt opportunity, inclusive of a comprehensive benefits package while working in an environment full of inspiration and creative talent.
The Santa Barbara Museum of Art, a privately funded, not-for-profit institution, presents internationally recognized collections and exhibitions and a broad array of cultural and educational activities as well as travel opportunities around the world. The Social Media and PR Manager reports to the Communications Director and assists in supporting the Museum’s social media, marketing, and public relations efforts.
Responsibilities include strategic development, management, and content development for digital initiatives, including social media platforms, paid digital advertising, Google Adwords, etc.; providing a proactive role in reviewing website content and updating as necessary; drafting and distributing listings of exhibitions and events to local and national media contacts; maintaining and updating local and national media contact list; tracking and maintaining press coverage archives; drafting, proofing and editing of press releases and other press materials; obtaining estimates and coordinating with vendors as needed. This position assists in the development of other marketing materials, including membership communications and quarterly newsletters, along with general administrative support.
BA degree required, 2 – 5 years of digital/social media, and public relations and/or marketing experience. Prior successful experience with electronic communication tools (email campaigns, online calendars, social media scheduling software (Zoho, etc.), PR tracking/coverage (Cision, etc.), digital media creation, MS Office Suite, Photoshop, etc.) Must have experience with management, content development, and execution of social media initiatives, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google, etc. Requires excellent clerical and organizational skills, strong ability to multi-task, while utilizing excellent communication, public relations, and written communication skills.
- Non-exempt Status, Full Time.
- This position is compensable based on experience and is eligible for our comprehensive benefits package including Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Holidays, Medical Insurance (PPO or HMO with FSA or HSA pretax plan options), Dental, Vision, 403b, and more.
- A Successful Background Check is required if offered the position.