Curatorial Assistant—Asian Art Part Time, Temporary - 3 months
The Santa Barbara Museum of Art, a leading West Coast art museum, presents internationally-recognized collections and exhibitions and a broad array of cultural and educational activities.
Join us in this temporary position supporting our Curator of Asian Art with general administrative, clerical, and curatorial assistance including office tasks of telephone inquiries, correspondence, processing invoices, maintaining files and checklists, and serving as liaison with other departments such as Registration, Education, and Installation staff on daily operational matters.
Requires excellent organizational abilities, experienced office work, general knowledge of art history preferred, and demonstrated writing capabilities. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Photoshop. Excellent proofreading skills, thoroughness, and attention to detail in general are also required. BA in Humanities and Social Sciences and museum experience preferred.
- Schedule: Full-time at 10 to 20 hours per week
- Status: Temporary – 3 months with potential extension
- Compensation: $20.00/hour
- Temporary status is not benefits eligible
- Successful background check is required and proof of COVIS-19 vaccination.
- Submission packet: application, resume and cover letter