Canceled Events | What You Can Do | Additional Resources
In light of the recent developments with the COVID-19 in Santa Barbara County, the Santa Barbara Museum of Art has made the decision to close to the public from Monday, March 16 through at least Thursday, April 30. The health and safety of our community is the most important factor in this decision.
The Museum’s events (including spring camps and classes) have also been canceled through April 30. In addition, the Museum Store is closed through at least April 20.
We are continuing to support our staff so that no one suffers from a financial burden due to this closure. This is a time for the community to assist each other and do all they can to safeguard everyone's health and well-being.
We thank you for your support of the Museum and hope to be able to see you soon. We invite you to stay in touch via Facebook and Instagram, where we’ll continue to share inspirational art from our collection.
All following events at SBMA have been canceled until further notice:
- All docent tours through April 2020
- Sketching in the Galleries, March 12
- Arod Quartet, March 12
- Members-only Bus Trip to see Michelangelo: Mind of the Master at the Getty Center
- Writing in the Galleries, March 19
- Film Screening - Closing Celebration of Kehinde Wiley, March 19
- Curator's Choice Lecture: The Enigma of Qiu Ying, March 22
- PhotoFutures Private Event Presentation, March 23
- Spring Hand Building Ceramics Camp, March 23-27
- Spring Ceramics Camp, March 23-27
- After-School Multimedia Class, March 31-June 2
- Spring After-School Ceramics, April 1-June 3
- Art Matters Lecture: Mary Hunter, April 2
- Spring Adult Ceramics, April 2
- Family 1st Thursday, April 2
- Member Morning, April 4
- Ceramic Studio Saturdays, April 4 & 11
- Parallel Stories: Rachel Cusk, April 9
- Studio Sunday, April 12
- Writing in the Galleries, April 16
- Emerging from the Shadows: A Survey of Women Artists Working in California, 1860–1960 - Art à la carte lecture, POSTPONED, April 23
- Sketching in the Galleries, April 23
- Artist Talk: Edgar Arceneaux, April 23
What you can do
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizers where available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes. Hold a tissue over your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze, and then throw the tissue in the garbage.
- Avoid handshakes and hugs.
Here are some additional resources for the latest information about the coronavirus: