The Santa Barbara Museum of Art, a leading West Coast art museum, presents internationally-recognized collections and exhibitions and a broad array of cultural and educational activities. The Museum is a lively social destination that offers lectures, concerts, and films, while also serving as an important community and educational resource for schools and families.
The Santa Barbara Museum of Art is seeking a Member and Visitor Services Supervisor. This position oversees all aspects of the Museum’s Visitor Services activities including the operations of the two admissions desks, ticket reservations, and onsite membership sales; and supervises the Visitor Services Representatives. This position is responsible for hiring staff, training, coordinating schedules, managing event ticketing, handling issues with ticket sales, answering phone inquiries, troubleshooting visitor needs, increasing membership sales, fostering an environment of teamwork and professionalism, and ensuring a superior experience for all museum visitors. This position is also responsible for coordinating with the Membership department any ticketed programs such as regional day trips and other events, coordinating with the Education department in scheduling groups with docent tours, and staffing public events when onsite sales are needed. The Supervisor will develop and implement policies in coordination with other departments to ensure an informed and knowledgeable frontline staff with regard to exhibitions, the permanent collection, and all museum programming and events.
Three years’ hands-on customer service with progressively responsible supervisory experience is required. Experience preferably in a hospitality, retail or museum role. Ability to interact with a diverse audiences and constituents, including staff, volunteers, members and visitors, work well under pressure and remain calm. Requires working evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- The position reports to the Director of External Affairs.
- Schedule: 40 hours/week and may flex as needed.
- Salary hiring range between $20 and $22.60 DOE, and position is eligible for full time benefits including 15 days of vacation at start, 8 days of sick pay, 13 holidays, health insurances including medical, dental, vision, and retirement 403b plan with 5% of earnings match after a year of service, and much more.
- Successful background check and proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required.
- Submission packet: Application, resume and cover letter.
The Santa Barbara Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer.