French & Italian Rivieras with three nights at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc and four nights aboard Sea Cloud II
Discover medieval history, sun-drenched beaches, glamorous seaports, and rich masterpieces of art and architecture on SBMA’s upcoming tour of the French and Italian Rivieras! The tour includes visits to Antibes, Monte Carlo, Cap Ferrat, Cinque Terre, Lucca, the Isle of Elba, and more.
Combining a three-night luxury hotel stay on the French Riviera with a relaxed four-night cruise aboard the incomparable Sea Cloud II, this memorable tour is the perfect way to explore the wonders of this beautiful region. We hope you will join us!
- Begin with three nights at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc, one of the French Riviera’s landmark chateau resorts, boasting a private bay and a glorious setting overlooking the Mediterranean.
- Four nights follow aboard the iconic 47-cabin Sea Cloud II, the luxurious three-masted sailing yacht. Modeled after Marjorie Merriweather Post’s legendary Sea Cloud, the Sea Cloud II combines the seafaring elegance of a bygone era with the highest modern standards of luxury. In the grand tradition of the world’s finest sailing vessels, guests can experience this marvelous ship under sail as the skilled crew hand-sets over 30,000 square feet of canvas, weather permitting.
- Discover the masterpieces of legendary artists Picasso, Matisse and Chagall during visits to landmark museums dedicated to each artist; all spent many prime working years in the Côte d’Azur and were inspired by the region’s special light and landscapes.
- Enjoy private entrée to sites not open to the general public, including masterpieces of contemporary architecture such as the Fondation Hans Hartung in Antibes, the modernist Villa E-1027 designed by Eileen Gray and Le Cabanon designed by Le Corbusier, as well as a private garden in Grasse hosted by the artist owner.
- Experience the hillside towns that dot the Italian Riviera’s Cinque Terre and the pastoral Tuscan countryside en route to the Renaissance gems of Lucca or Florence.
- SBMA Members will be joined by travelers from our cosponsoring organizations, Princeton, Smithsonian and National Trust, and will benefit from on-board lectures by study leaders from some of these organizations.
Price: $6,990 to $14,990, based on your ship cabin category