The Santa Barbara Museum of Art presents internationally-recognized collections and exhibitions and a broad array of cultural and educational activities.
The Santa Barbara Museum of Art has an opening for a Building Technician in the Facilities and Installations Department. Job duties will include: maintaining building and grounds with emphasis on gallery upkeep; daily janitorial tasks, focusing on galleries and restrooms, caring for plants and landscaping; filling in for other Facility Crew as needed; and basic support services to all departments.
Must be able to work at a busy pace, multi-task, have a flexible, friendly and enthusiastic working style, with effective problem-solving skills and the ability to work well in a team and independently.
Requirements include: High School diploma, two years of general maintenance or in skilled trades, must have excellent mechanical abilities. Part-time paid position; requires occasional driving of Museum van, an ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis and up to 25 lbs. frequently. English verbal and written communication skills preferred.
- The position reports to the Manager of Facilities and Installations.
- Hourly wage is $18.00/hour and a regular 25-hour workweek.
- Part-time, regular, and non-exempt status is eligible for earned paid time off, paid sick leave, prorated holiday pay, and retirement benefits.
- Successful Background and DMV Check is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Resumes and Cover Letters will be accepted until the position is filled.