The Santa Barbara Museum of Art has an opening for a Building Technician in the Facilities and Installations Department in the role of assistant to the Senior Building Technician. Job duties will include: Maintaining new gallery floors, new restrooms, glass entry doors, offices and common areas, and additional duties as assigned. Must be able to work at a productive pace, multi-task, have a flexible, friendly and enthusiastic working style, with effective problem-solving skills and the ability to work well in a team and independently.
Requirements include: High School diploma, two years of custodial experience, including care of hardwood, tile, and linoleum floors. Part-time paid position; requires occasional driving of Museum van, an ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis and up to 25 lbs. frequently. English verbal and written communication skills preferred.
- The position reports to the Manager of Facilities and Installations.
- Hourly wage is $18.00/hour and a regular 25 hour workweek.
- Part-time, regular, and non-exempt status is eligible for earned paid time off, sick paid leave, prorated holiday pay, and retirement benefits.
- Successful Background and DMV Check is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Resumes and Cover Letters will be accepted until the position is filled.