The Santa Barbara Museum of Art is one of the finest museums on the West coast and is celebrated for the superb quality of its permanent collection. Its mission is to integrate art into the lives of people through internationally recognized exhibitions, special programs, as well as the thoughtful presentation of its permanent collection.
Our Travel and Special Programs Department is seeking the right person for an immediate, part-time opening up to 26 hours/week. Responsibilities include processing reservations, depositing checks, charging credit cards, payment requests, completing forms, database updates and data entry, creating and compiling mailings, answering phone and email inquiries, proofreading documents, reporting, file maintenance, office organization, and providing other general clerical support as assigned.
This position requires excellent customer service skills; advanced MS computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook); familiarity with working in databases; office and clerical experience; accounting experience; excellent organizational abilities; and proofreading skills. The ideal candidate is task-oriented, resourceful, and reliable. It is essential that the candidate’s work ethic includes careful attention to detail; a high level of accuracy and thoroughness; time management skills; efficiency; dedication; and the ability to take direction.
• This position reports to the Travel and Special Programs Manger and takes direction from the Special Programs Coordinator.
• Schedule: 26 hours/week (5 to 7 hours per day, days to be determined between Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Friday, schedule to be mutually agreed upon.)
• Status: Part time positions at 20 or more hours per week are eligible for paid vacation and holiday pay (prorated), 32 hours of paid sick leave and two weeks of equivalent scheduled hours if needed for COVID-19 - available through 12/31/22, and eligibility to participate in our 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching per plan requirements.
• Compensation: $20.00/hour
• Successful background check required and proof of COVID-19 vaccination