The Santa Barbara Museum of Art presents internationally-recognized collections and exhibitions and a broad array of cultural and educational activities.
The Santa Barbara Museum of Art has an opening for a Building Technician reporting to our Facilities and Education Department in support of our Ridley Tree Education Center at the McCormick House. Job duties will include: Providing set-ups for meetings and classes; picking up supplies and distributing as needed; providing audio/visual setups and services for meetings, events and exhibitions; providing assistance with plumbing and carpentry assignments; caring for plants and landscaping; cleaning of all areas of the building as primary custodian. Assisting the Museum Technicians with construction as needed and additional duties as required. Must be able to work at a busy pace, multi-task, have a flexible, friendly and enthusiastic working style, with effective problem-solving skills and the ability to work well in a team and independently.
Requirements include: High School diploma, three to five years of general maintenance or in skilled trades, must have excellent mechanical abilities. Full-time paid position; requires occasional driving of Museum van, an ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis and up to 25 lbs. frequently. English verbal and written communication skills preferred.
- The position reports to the Assistant Director of Facilities & Head of Installations.
- Hourly wage is $22.00/hour and a regular 30-hour workweek.
- Full-time, regular, and non-exempt status is eligible for vacation and sick leave, holiday pay, medical and retirement benefits.
- Successful Background and Successful Background Check and proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record; DMV check is required.
- Resumes and Cover Letters will be accepted until the position is filled.